Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter Soup



This seems like the perfect weather to make a big pot of soup. When the weather is cold, few things are  more comforting than having a delicious soup simmering on the stove. And so the other night I pulled out some of my cookbooks to find a good one. Sometimes looking for recipes is half the fun.


I browsed through Giada de Laurentiis' new cookbook Giada's Feel Good Food. It is filled with healthy and delicious-looking recipes.


I decided to make her Turkey, Kale, and Brown Rice soup which looked beautiful


It couldn't have been simpler. You start by chopping some vegetables.


After you saute them, you add the remaining ingredients which include kale, brown rice, red peppers, and herbes de provence. The soup simmers for about 30 minutes. This will make your kitchen smell heavenly!


The result is a beautiful, warm and nourishing soup to eat on a cold February night. Add a savory scone and a green salad and you have a delicious winter meal.

Go here to get the recipe for Giada's Turkey, Kale, and Brown Rice Soup. And better yet, go here to order her beautiful book.

I hope you enjoy it. What are you cooking on these cold winter nights? Isn't it bliss to stay home?
And what are you reading? I am almost done with The Goldfinch. Can't wait to discuss it with my book club next week!

7 comments:

  1. It is so soothing cooking and serving soup.
    I put together soups when I have a great book in my hands....let's me read while the soup simmers.
    Blessings come in many forms. Rejoice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks delicious and is beautiful as well. I make a similar soup with chicken, butternut squash and quinoa - so this will be a nice change. I've been having soup for lunch and dinner everyday this week, so warming and satisfying. I'm almost done with The Goldfinch as well, and although I am loving it, I do think a bit of an edit would have been OK. Curious what you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I am almost at the end and really enjoying it. It is long, but so good!

      Delete
  3. I know I'll be making soup this evening as Portland settles in for a rough snowy, icy weekend. Thanks for a great looking recipe to add to my collection. Have a good weekend Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Yes reading the recipe books is half the fun. How are you liking The Goldfich? That one is on my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, I am almost done with The Goldfinch and really enjoying it. It is one of those books that is hard to put down. Which is a good thing since it is almost 800 pages long!

    ReplyDelete